To finish of my Christmas Presents I decided not to give into the £1 generic Christmas wrapping paper and decided to make my own.
For this you will need.
A Printer (I use a R1800, as It allows me to print A3, and a roll of A3 (effectively double the width of A3).
A sketch of something Christmas, I drew a rather odd looking snowflake.
Some blank newspaper, I picked mine up from the London Graphic Center. It cost 20p for a A1 Sheet, in which I cut into half.
Continue to find out more and download my wrapping paper designs.
- I first scanned in my rather odd looking snowflake. I chose just to the image of the snowflake, and likes its handrawn rustic charm.
2. Crop, change levels, and define a pattern in photoshop.
3. Create a Canvas the size of your paper, and use the pattern as a fill. I then created another layer which i filled and moved into the center of the image.
4. Setup your printer, I’m lucky that the Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Ink Jet Printer (C11C589011) can print banners without stopping. I printed my wrapping paper on 20p blank newspaper.
5. Fold your paper and Admire. All you need to do now is by your presents and wrap it up!